Thursday, October 29, 2009

This year's seashore books

On our first family vacation at the beach I started a tradition; instead of picking up a cheap souvenir to commemorate our trip, I picked a book to help us remember our time at the beach. At the time we had one 18-month old child and I was pregnant with baby #2. Our then 18-month old discovered the joy of collecting seashells - so I chose this book.

At every trip to the shore since then, I have added another seashore book to our collection. Our collection has grown to include these favorite books:

The Seashore Book

The Burgess Seashore Book for Children and Pagoo

This year I had a hard time choosing just one book to take home, so I had to settle for two :)

Underwater Counting is a book that combines counting by twos and fun facts about fish - a great book for my k'er and 2nd grader

and Over in the Ocean in a Coral Reef which I knew my almost 3-year old would love.

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs