Monday, August 17, 2009

A Box Full of Books...Our New Curriculum

The kids and I were so excited when our box full of books arrived a few months ago...

We're in our 3rd official year of homeschooling. This year our school consists of a 2nd grader, a k'er and a busy, busy preschooler.

Up to now we've done an eclectic mix of curriculums - concentrating mostly on reading and math. Towards the middle of last year we transitioned to using Ambleside Online's Year One Curriculum - and ds7 loved our Ambleside reading time. However, I was unsure how dd5 would handle the content of much of Year One's reading selections. And I really did not want to start down the Ambleside path if it was not one we would continue longterm - so I began to consider Sonlight.

The funny thing is, Sonlight is the curriculum that I was absolutely sure we would use when we first began to research homeschooling - I loved their literature-based approach to learning. But for one reason or another, we never tried it. But this year, with my husband's blessing, we made the plunge and bought Sonlight's Core 1 Curriculum.

We've just completed our 4th week of Core 1 ~ and so far it's been a perfect fit for our family.

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs