Saturday, October 8, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ October 7, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…The sun came back into town, yay!  But sickness also visited our home, boo!  Thankfully it’s just a cold, yay!  But the first day of a cold is spent on the couch in our house because the drainage leads to stomach upset in my kiddos…not sure why, but that’s how it works around here. 

Thankfully it seems that the worst is behind us and we can now look forward to enjoying the sunshine that’s predicted in our area for the next couple of days.

In our homeschool this week…I had planned to get three days of school in because we really needed one day of rest after our busy, busy weekend and we had a yard sale planned for Friday.  Only one day got done.  Two days were sick days for two different kiddos. 

I am inspired by…the sunshine Smile.  I get so much more accomplished when the sun is shining, and my outlook is so much better.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We made it to one baseball game before ds9 got sick.  He’s feeling much better so he should be able to make it to his Saturday AM ballgame. 

My favorite thing this week was…The sunshine and hanging laundry on the line after weeks of too-wet-to-hang-clothes-out weather. 

I’m cooking…two batches of apple sauce and two batches of apple crisp and now it’s time to head back to the orchard to pick up more apples Smile.

I’m grateful for…Being a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom Smile.  Dh and I didn’t have to stress over who was going to stay home with the sick kiddo when we woke up two days this week to sick kiddos.  

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_1566

 I haven’t taken out my camera in a while, so I’m gonna post a picture from a while back Smile.  A couple weeks ago the kiddos found this critter hanging out on our porch.  Dh did an online search and found that this guy was a bit far from home.  I wonder how he got this far north?

3 comments:

Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm sorry you had sickness at your house too. It sounds like it was short lived though.

Enjoy your applesauce & apple crisp! We recently froze some apple pie filling. You've inspired me; I think I want to bake an apple pie tonight. My husband thanks you. :)

Our oldest loves Teaching Textbooks. It's a good fit for her. I love it too. It definitely frees up your time. :)

The Sierra Home Companion said...

Arggg!! Being sick is no fun, but oh how sunshine can make things look better.
I am imagining your house and the way it must smell with apples cooking.
Have a blessed weekend.
Rebecca

RachelT said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from THJM. What a cute little green guy on the lantern! All of your apple cooking is making my mouth water. I can't wait until our trip to the apple orchard in a couple of weeks! Have a fantastic week!

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs