Friday, October 14, 2011

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ~ A recipe

On my last post I mentioned making some oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookie bars and every commenter so far has asked for the recipe…so I thought I’d share it Smile.

It’s basically the recipe found on the Quaker Oats oatmeal container and on this page with a few of my own substitutions.  Here’s my own version of the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick), softened
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar {I use turbinado or raw sugar}
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour {I use a mix of white and fresh-ground wheat flour}
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
  • 3 cups old fashioned, uncooked oats
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.  Beat butter and sugars until creamy.  Add in eggs and vanilla.  Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.  Add oats, cranberries and chocolate chips and mix well.

Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. 

I’d show you a picture of the finished product…but they didn’t last long around here…maybe I’ll remember to take a picture the next time I make these yummy cookie bars Smile.

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs