Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Backyard Birdwatching

My kiddos and I have been watching the birds in our backyard ~ it's one of our favorite springtime activities. It's really easy to catch a glimpse of the birds with our eyes, but do you know how hard it is to actually get a photograph of one of these little guys? Well, at least it's been pretty tough for me...
One day last week, I set up a stake out on our backyard swingset which is located just a few feet away from our birdhouse...yep, I climbed up the ladder and set myself up on the little deck area ~ just me and my trusty camera, and I waited...I was FINALLY able to catch a few pics of one of the inhabitants of our birdhouse...

My ds7 was inspired by my bird pics, so he asked to take the camera outside one day ~ boy, was I amazed by this picture ~ that's a worm in the robin's mouth! And my ds7 took this picture all by himself!


And another pic of our robin friend...

I do believe that this is the robin whose nest is under our deck.

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs