Friday, November 11, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ November 11, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…Sickness and Sunshine…Sickness ~ I didn’t get a post up for last week’s journal because I was hit with an awful “bug” of some sort on Friday afternoon.  It started out with me being just plain wiped out…then progressed to 3 days of off and on fever {Saturday’s fever was 103 degrees!}.  I am left with just a cough that I think is on the way out {thank goodness}.

Thankfully the fever finally left for good on Tuesday…just in time for me to enjoy some of the sunshine that our area was blessed with Smile.  70s and sunny in November…I’ll take it!

In our homeschool this week…We got five days of school in…in spite of the teacher {me} being a bit under the weather. 

Dd7 finished up another math book…three more light units ‘til she’s completed CLE Math 1.  Then I need to decide if I want to switch to Singapore 2A {the curriculum HOD recommends} or stick with CLE.

I also added God’s World News back into our school day.  Last year I had ds9 read two pages each day…such a simple way to add current events to our curriculum.  But for some reason I failed to start this up again at the beginning of this school year.  Well, it’s in his assignment book now Smile.  I also added two pages/day of God’s World News to dd7’s assignment book, her and I read it together.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…I decided to not share my lovely germs with anyone other than my family…so we stayed put. 

My favorite thing this week was…feeling better Smile.

I’m cooking…Last night we had pot roast from the crockpot and homemade bread for dinner, our house smelled so good!

I’m grateful for… my husband, he did a wonderful job holding down the fort and keeping the kiddos fed and entertained while I spent the entire weekend on the couch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh, I hope your feeling 100% soon! I came down with a cold this week. It's hard being under-the-weather, isn't it?

Judy @ Contented at Home said...

I've considered getting God's World News for some of my kids. Maybe I need to look it over again!

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs