Friday, November 18, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ November 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…not much going on: we shopped for and delivered our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes {yay!}, completed five days of school, spent most of our time at home {doing school and playing outside}.

In our homeschool this week…we finished up another week of our HOD curriculum ~ we read about King Philip’s War {1675-1678} and the courage of Captain Church.  I am learning just as much about American history as my  my kiddos Smile

My favorite thing this week was…shopping for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes with the kiddos and delivering them to our local drop off site Smile.  I’ve been wanting to do this for that past few years but we always missed it!

Things I’m working on…Thanksgiving fun for next week.  I told the kiddos that if we finished all of the schoolwork that I planned for this week {which we did}, we will spend next week doing Thanksgiving fun stuff: crafts, reading our pile of Thanksgiving books, baking, and whatever else I’ve pinned on my Pinterest Thanksgiving board Smile.

I’m reading…The Grace Effect {a review} by Larry Alex Taunton…a very thought-provoking book!  So glad I was asked to review this one.

I’m cooking…dairy & egg free {or at least trying to} for the sake of ds5…he was diagnosed with a very slight allergy to dairy and eggs last year.  Our doctor recommended that we cut back on dairy & egg but we didn’t have to remove it altogether. 

This worked for a while, but I have been noticing that he has been having some issues with reflux lately so I decided to have him go dairy and egg free for at least a month to see if it makes a difference.  

I’m grateful for…a boring week at home, no new sickness to deal with {just getting rid of old lingering ones}, very few outside activities, lots of things checked off the “to-do” list Smile.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_1726

I found this picture on my camera’s memory card this morning.  Dh took the kiddos to a park when I was sick, he took my camera along too Smile.

1 comments:

Lisa Boyle said...

Love the photo! Taken at just the right moment! :-)

How wonderful that you and your children did the shoeboxes! What a kind gesture and a lesson that your children will surely take to heart!

I hope you have a great relaxed week next week and a good Thanksgiving!
Many blessings,
Lisa

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs