Friday, May 20, 2011

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ Entry #14

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

 

In my life this week…

A friend of ours and her sweet baby girl were needed up this way for some family stuff this week, and we had the privilege of having them stay in our home.  My dd7 has been praying for a baby sister for quite some time, so she was beyond delighted to share our home with these friends. 

My boys were wonderful hosts also…they loved getting out their old baby toys and setting them up around the house for our little friend to play with.  And I must admit, I also loved having a little baby around the house again..and her mama too {of course :)}. 

In our homeschool this week…

We finished up one week earlier than planned…ds9 has two more books on his 3rd grade reading list to finish and I will continue with our read-alouds this summer, but everything else is done!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

On the heels of a week of sunshine…we had a week of rain.  It rained everyday, but thankfully not all day :)  We spent most of our days at home visiting with our guests when they were here and getting schoolwork done. 

Ds9 has a baseball game to play on Saturday, and a baseball game to attend on Sunday afternoon with dh.  The two younger kiddos and I will probably do something fun while dh and ds9 are away but I’m not sure yet what that will be…

My favorite thing this week was…

Hosting our friends…I loved seeing my kiddos interact with our friends.  All three of them were very sweet to the little girl and everyone had a lot of fun together.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

One thing that I am grateful for when it comes to homeschooling is the ability for me to plan our school schedule.  This year I planned for our schoolyear to finish up at the end of May so that we could enjoy the milder weather of June.  I plan to begin our new schoolyear in mid-July which is just about the time that the heat and humidity of summer make it so that you want to spend most afternoons indoors reading good books :).

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_1091

IMG_1109

This has been a week of rain…and a week of rainbows :).  We spotted two rainbows on two different days ~ both were full rainbows that went across the entire sky…and the second one was a double rainbow!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Visiting from the Homeschool Chick...love the photos!

Misty said...

beautiful photos! Just lovely...

how sweet about your kids!

gail said...

yea for finishing early! the weather certainly affects how we homeschool - when we lived with hot hot summers, we schooled then; now we live with cold winters and take summer off.

Melissa N. said...

WOW that is too cool. We have been looking for rainbows ourselves here in NY, rain is all we see...but the weekend is suppose to be nice! I am still struggling when to "end" our school year and take a week off. I want to wait until the weather is better. Glad you are taking some time off and spent some quality time with friends. Peace to your day!

Melissa

Unknown said...

Hi there. We do the same in a way, we break during tax season (have homeschool lite) when the work schedule is crazy and the weather is gorgeous here in AZ. then start back to heavy duty homeschooling in summer when it is too hot to go outside. Love that about being a home educator; the flexibility and this way the kids get to enjoy our few months of mild weather before the hot sets in! stopping by from HMJ. katie

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs