Friday, September 16, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ September 16, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…My favorite season is just around the corner and I am so excited.  I love the fall!  In our area we are having cooler than normal temperatures right now…and I love it!

In our homeschool this week…We took an impromptu field trip, we met our state’s homeschooling requirement by having our bi-annual meeting with our homeschool monitor and we completed three days of school…it’s been a busy and fun week!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…This has been a full week for us!  We began the week with a spur of the moment field trip to see Joseph at Sight & Sound Theater.

The following day we headed to our local homeschool monitor for our portfolio review.

We also did our regular stuff: our weekly trip to the library and our weekly trip to the apple orchard {a fall tradition}.  And ds9 had his first fall baseball game…it was an away game and the weather was downright chilly!

My favorite thing this week was…Definitely the impromptu field trip!  Dh and I have been wanting to take the kiddos to Sight & Sound but the plans never worked out…so when my in-laws called and told us about a fabulous deal on tickets we jumped at the chance to go Smile.

What’s working/not working for us…I just have to say this again…I absolutely love, love, love our new curriculum. 

I especially love how Carrie {the writer of the Heart of Dakota curriculum} has added a whole lot of fun into the curriculum.  In the past four weeks we have done more science experiments and fun history projects than we have ever done…and each only took about 15 minutes a piece Smile.

I’m cooking…Lots of baked goods.  I made granola a couple weeks ago, and my non-granola lovin’ boy loved it!  I have finally found an easy to make {and store}, semi-healthy breakfast that everyone in my house loves Smile…so this week I made two batches! 

I also made a batch of muffins {for snacks and breakfast} and I plan to make a couple loaves of zucchini bread {with chocolate chips} and a couple batches of applesauce. 

I’m grateful for…The change of seasons.

A photo to share…

100_8371

My three kiddos loved our surprise field trip to see Joseph at Sight & Sound Theater Smile.

P.S.  I currently have two giveaways on my blog that have very low entries.  Enter to win The Shunning DVD here and Theo Presents DVD here.

5 comments:

S said...

I always wanted to go to the Sight & Sound theater. I would love to see any of their show! I looked into their Christmas show a couple of years back but we never made it. I may have to look into it again! :-)

flmom said...

I need to make zucchini bread! I can't believe summer is gone and I didn't make a single loaf. I really must remedy that soon. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Steph said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful week of learning and baking. I'm glad you found a curriculum that's such a terrific fit. :-) Fall is my favorite season too -- thanks for reminding me about visiting an apple orchard. I definitely don't want to miss that this year.

Unknown said...

Oh, do you have that granola recipe somewhere? I'm still searching for a GREAT one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Debbie said...

Love homemade granola!

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs