Friday, September 30, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ September 30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…or should I say the past two weeks since I skipped last week’s journal Smile.  One thing that has been seemingly ever present in my life the past two weeks is rain…gobs and gobs of it.  We had a very wet spring, a very dry summer, and we are having a very wet fall.  Needless to say, I am ready for the sun!

Sorry, I don’t mean to complain…but I just had to vent a bit. 

In our homeschool this week…Well, this week we have been on a well-deserved break.  The kiddos have been doing school since July 18th…and all of us were ready for a break from schoolwork. 

I am inspired by… all of the cool things people are pinning on Pinterest!  Have you checked it out yet? 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Last week we took a field trip to the fair, met with our county’s homeschool monitor, had fun with our church family at Truth Squad {a scripture memory program} and lunched with friends after church.

This week was supposed to be busy with baseball practice and two games…but practice and one game was rained out.  We did make it to a baseball game last night and we’ve got a busy, busy weekend coming up. 

My favorite thing this week was…The snippets of sunshine that we got in between all of the rain, rain, rain.  And the break from schoolwork Smile.

Questions/thoughts I have…This is not school related, but more tongue in cheek rain related Smile.  Have you ever just hung your laundry out on the line, felt rain drops so you pulled the laundry off the line really fast…only to see the sun coming out 10 minutes later?  Ugh…yep, that happened to me. 

Things I’m Working on…Preparing for our upcoming vacation and ds4’s 5th birthday!  I cannot believe that my baby is gonna be 5 already!

I’m reading…One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  Wow, what an inspiring book…and a convicting book.  I am trying to be intentional about noticing and thanking God for all of the blessings in my life…even the rain Smile.

I’m cooking…apples {applesauce, apple crisp, mini apple pies for the freezer}, banana chocolate chip muffins, and two desserts for two different picnics we are headed to this weekend.

I’m grateful for…three healthy kiddos, the blessing of homeschooling and taking breaks on our own schedule, sunshine & rain Smile, apples from the orchard, vacations…

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

IMG_1525

My cool ds4…who’s going to be 5 soon.  Where does the time go?

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for Carlito C. Caterpillar’s MathHouse Game Card set here….

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Enjoyed reading about your week. Did you know that there's a fabulous Monday link-up to Ann Voskamp's site? Everyone shares their gratitude lists - it has been a blessing for me. Indeed it forces me to notice much more than I ever did!

S said...

This weather has been crazy! Although, we had a pretty rainbow yesterday!

Stopping by from the Homeschool Mothers Journal.

Chaos Cottage said...

I'm really afraid of Pinterest. I don't need any more addictions. LOL

The freezer apple pies looks really interesting.

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs