Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog Award

sunshine onelovelyblog

Wow,  a while ago I was blessed with a One Lovely Blog Award and Sunshine Award  from Second Star to the Right and Straight on till Morning ~ and while I was wracking my brain for seven interesting things about myself (that I need to list in my “acceptance speech”), The Cow Queen also gave me the award.  Thank you so much for this special honor ladies!

I am hoping that doesn’t mean that I need to list fourteen interesting things about myself :)

OK…enough about that already…here are the official rules of the reward:

1.  Thank the one who gave it to you and link to their blog. {done}

2.  Share seven things about yourself.

1. My highschool class just celebrated its 20th reunion (I didn’t go)…I cannot believe that 20 years have gone by since I graduated from high school!

2. I had a double major in college, psyschology and law & society (political science/sociology)…I planned to use it to by working with victims and witnesses in the court system, instead I worked in a bank :)

3. People used to mistake me for being much younger than I really was…when I was in my mid-20s a teacher in an elementary school that I was volunteering in asked why I was out of school that day (meaning high school…I was 24!).  Funny thing is, no one ever makes that mistake anymore :)

4. I eventually went back to school and earned my M.Ed in Elementary Education ~ my dh and I found out we were expecting our first child the same month I received that degree!  And I have been a SAHM ever since :)

5. I discovered dark chocolate when I was pregnant with my 3rd child…yummy!

6. My favorite bedtime snack is cereal…right now I prefer Honey Nut Cheerios :)

7. I crave water whenever I eat ice cream.  And when I eat dark chocolate.  And when I eat cereal for my bedtime snack.

3. Choose seven others to bless with the award and let them know that they’ve won an award.

A Classic Housewife in a Modern World

Buffaloes and Butterfly Wings

Serenades and Solace

Spesamor Academy

Through the Calm and Through the Storm

Milk & Honey Mommy

Discover Their Gifts

I hope you get a chance to visit both of the blogs that gave me this award and the seven blogs to whom I passed the award :)

4 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Hello Wendi, and thank you SO MUCH for the honour of this award. I'm chuffed! ☺

It's a little over 20 years since I graduated from high school too. Funnily enough, my Biology teacher now lives nearby and she told me how it would be great if I went to the reunion, but no, I didn't.

Amy said...

Thanks for the award! :)
In my lifetime, I've probably eaten more cereal at bedtime than at breakfast. So good!

Kristi said...

Your blog is absolutely lovely. Your awards are well deserved. I can also relate to many of your above points. My hubby and I were walking in the mall as newlyweds. He had a full beard and looked OLD. I looked much younger than I was. The older people walking in the mall that day kept snarling at my dh for being such a dirty old man. I'm actually older than he. It was very funny. I also subbed in a HS Life skills classroom when I was 24 and had a poor, dear HS boy try to pick me up. He got razzed the rest of the class (and likely beyond) for trying to make nice with "the new girl" who ended up being the sub!! LOL Great memories.

Monica said...

Hi Wendi,

Thanks for the blog award!!!

I love your header and button too. I love it so much I ask Jolanthe to create one for me!!! By the way, my 20 year reunion was last year and I didn't go either!

Monica
discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs