Sunday, March 29, 2009

MenuPlan ~ March 29 thru April 4


Wow! I can't believe that the month of March ends this week! I guess I'd better get moving on preparing a plan for April's meals.

I've found that planning for a month of meals makes my weekly meal planning go so much more smoothly. For my monthly meal plan, I usually choose about 25-28 meals that I plan to make that month (some meals I prepare more than once, like homemade pizza). Then each week (usually Saturday) I do a weekly meal plan for the following week. Since I've already made a monthly meal plan, this usually takes less than 15 minutes.

Now on to the weekly plan ~ I really need to get to the grocery store to stock up on some fresh fruits & veggies, and some dairy products; otherwise we're still eating from our stash of meat in the freezer and making use of what's already in the pantry.

Breakfasts ~ Whole Wheat Breakfast Cake, baked oatmeal, french toast (from the freezer), pancakes (from the freezer), breakfast cookies, cereal

Lunches ~ cheese quesadillas, pb&j sandwiches, snacky lunch, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheesy brown rice, pizza bread
Dinners ~ Spaghetti Pie or Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, black beans w/ brown rice & cheese, Cheddar Broccoli Soup & homemade bread, homemade pizza, Beefy Enchiladas

Now, I must add a disclaimer. I almost never follow my menu plans exactly. There are many times when I have written the same meal for many weeks in a row - because I never got around to making it. I like having a plan, and I usually cook many items from the plan, but sometimes I like to change it up in the middle of the week :)

For more menu plans, head over to OrgJunkie

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs