Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Park, A Couple of Kiddos, and My New Camera

We’ve been kinda taking a break from school for the past two weeks…not a true break, mind you…but instead of doing the “three r’s” we’ve been doing some unit studies and catching up on some nature study challenges.

I’ve also been telling myself that I really need to take the kiddos to one of our favorite parks before the weather turns colder. 

When I saw the forecast yesterday, I knew that colder and rainier weather was headed our way…so yesterday afternoon I loaded the kiddos, a snack, and my new camera into the van and we headed out.

IMG_0067 We hadn’t been to this park at all this year…and I am so glad we took the time to go yesterday.  We had the place all to ourselves.

IMG_0092

IMG_0071

After playing around on the playground equipment for a while, we headed over to the creek…

IMG_0101 IMG_0112

Notice big bro holding on to little bro…he is trying to keep the little guy from falling into the creek.  He’s such a caring big brother :)

IMG_0108 IMG_0109

We spent some time just enjoying the beautiful fall weather and the nature surrounding us…

IMG_0107 IMG_0114

And I caught dd6 making good use of a tree stump…

IMG_0110

Oh, and did I mention that this creek goes right under a covered bridge?

IMG_0096

There aren’t many of these bridges left in our county…and we have two of them in our little town…both are still in use.

We arrived home refreshed from our afternoon at the park…and I have a memory card full of pics to prove that we had a great time :)

0 comments:

 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs