Hunting for seashells on a winter beach
fun, historical sights to visit
- rent during the off-season, we prefer vacationing in October
- invite another family to share the rental, we love sharing our beach house with the grandparents
- since we rent a house, we take full advantage of the kitchen and eat-in A LOT
- Take a bike trip on the C&O Canal Towpath
- Spend a day swimming and playing at Greenbriar State Park
I picked up a great little book at a homeschool convention titled Kids Love Maryland. The subtitle for this book describes it as "a family travel guide to Exploring "Kid-Tested Places in Maryland...Year Round" - and it is crammed with information about all kinds of things you can do for fun in Maryland. I know this guide will come in handy when I run out of ideas for kid-friendly daytrips.